If you are looking for the best cornea hospital or best cornea Transplant clinic in Ahmedabad, you are at the right place. Netralaya is one of the leading and best eye hospitals in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Our expert team of super specialists eye surgeons and optometrists have extensive experience in eye care and are working tirelessly to deliver the best cornea treatment to it’s patients in Ahmedabad. It’s one of the few certified centers for eye transplants in Gujarat. And it’s India’s only 3d Eye transplant Center.
Let’s first understand about cornea, it’s disease and it’s treatment.
What is cornea?
The outermost layer on our eyes is known as cornea. It is a protective transparent curved sheet over our front part of the eyes that helps in the spreading / refraction of light on the retina for better vision and focus of nearby and far objects.
If due to any reason, the cornea is infected or damaged and is not able to function properly, then it can greatly impact the vision and in some cases can cause blindness. The reasons for cornea damage could be fungus, bacteria, virus, injury etc.
If you are facing any of the above corneal infections or any corneal injury, then you should immediately visit the eye doctor. As the best Corneal Specialists at Netralaya eye hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, we provide comprehensive eye care treatments which are less invasive and are of high standards taking care of the overall safety of our patients. You can book your appointment for cornea treatment today.
Signs and symptoms of cornea diseases. The below are common signs of corneal damage:
- Redness around the cornea.
- Scarring due to infection or trauma.
- Cloudy vision.
- Visual impairment.
- Too much pain in the eye.
- Constant tearing.
- Increased sensitivity to light.
Some people might also have headache and fatigue.
Treatment for corneal diseases:
Cornea treatment is completely based on the needs of the individual and it’s corneal disease and situation of the disease. The treatments can vary and can include simple medications, surgery, laser treatment, corneal transplant etc.
Many infections are treated with oral medication or mostly with eye drops.
In advanced cases, various other corneal treatments are given:
- Laser treatment – In this laser treatment, also called Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK), cornea is reshaped and scar tissues are removed which enables clearer vision.
- Corneal transplant surgery – In this surgery, the damaged part of cornea is removed and replaced with healthy corneal tissue taken from a donor.
- Artificial cornea – This is also known as Keratoprosthesis (KPro). In this surgery, damaged cornea is replaced with an artificial cornea.
- Keratoconus – This is a condition where the clear tissue in the front part of the eye bulges out and the cornea takes a distorted shape. This disease is treated with the help of special contact lenses in earlier stages. In an advanced stage, this might require a cornea transplant surgery.
- Chronic swelling – This chronic condition can severely damage cornea’s endothelial cells. This disease is treated with salty eye drops or ointments initially to prevent accumulation of fluid within the cornea. But in the worst situation, an endothelial lamellar keratoplasty (a type of partial thickness transplant surgery) may be required.
- Autoimmune disorders – In these types of disease, the underlying cause is treated. The treatment may involve other parts of the body apart from the eyes.
- Vitamin A deficiency – This eye problem is mostly treated with supplements.
- Pterygium – This is the case where a mucus membrane develops over the cornea due to overexposure to the sun. This can cause irritation and might weaken the vision. Mostly these are taken care of with mediation but if serious, might require surgery.
- Dry eyes – This disease is very common and can result in severe irritation on the corneal surface. This can happen due to less tear production which can be cured with anti-inflammatory drops. This disease can also happen when the oil glands are not functioning well. It is treated with the help of warm compresses, omega-3 fatty acids and oral medication.
Cornea treatment approach at Netralaya Eye Hospital:
Netralaya is the best eye hospital for corneal treatment and transplant in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The hospital is well equipped with the most advanced technology for the treatment of corneal diseases/disorders. We walk the journey of treatment along with our patients making them aware of the situation and the possibilities and impact of the treatment on their vision and in turn, their life. The latest and safest technological procedures are used to reduce any kind of risk. Our eye surgeons make sure that you get the best corneal treatment at Netralaya eye hospital in Ahmedabad.
So, if you or someone you know needs the best corneal treatment, you are welcome to visit us. To know more about eye disease and it’s treatment, visit us.
You can also visit us at our Facebook profile.