Some of the questions related to Glaucoma are:
- – How does Glaucoma condition created in the eye?
- – How does Glaucoma affect the eye?
- – How do we know that we have Glaucoma in our eyes?
- – What is the treatment for Glaucoma?
Listen to Dr. Parth Rana, Retina And Ocular Trauma Surgeon at Netralaya Super Speciality Eye Hospital, Ahmedabad.
👉If you have a family history of glaucoma, then do not take it lightly and get regular eye check up done at the best eye hospital in Ahmedabad.
Glaucoma means increased pressure inside the eyes. This eye condition is called Glaucoma. How does this pressure increase? Understand like this, there is a balloon which is filled with excess air, then what will happen? It will explode. Similarly, there is liquid inside the eyes which is circulating continuously from inside and outside the eyes. What will happen if the liquid is not able to get out of the eyes? Then excess liquid will be filled inside the eyes. This condition creates unwanted pressure on the nerves of the eyes which suppresses the veins and retina is damaged. When the retina is damaged, then glaucoma occurs.
Who can develop Glaucoma?
- – When there is a family history of glaucoma, there are big chances that a person can get glaucoma.
- – If the person has blood pressure problems , then these people can have glaucoma.
- – People who take steroids for skin or eyes, etc, can also develop glaucoma.
- – If people are having headaches and red eyes during evening time, then there are chances of glaucoma development.
Glaucoma is known as a very serious eye condition because in this case, vision loss can not come back. Reason being certain cells are dead in glaucoma. Therefore regular eye checkups are mandatory. Get your eyes checked with the best Glaucoma specialist in Ahmedabad.
In this kind of common glaucoma, a person does not have any symptoms or warning signs. This deteriorates very slowly.
In this glaucoma condition, speedy loss in vision develops due to increased pressure inside the eyes. It shows some symptoms. This involves a lot of pain.
People should have eye check ups done at regular intervals. Book your eye check up at the best eye hospital in Ahmedabad or glaucoma hospital clinic in Ahmedabad.
Diagnosis of Glaucoma at Netralaya:
First, the pressure inside the eyes is measured. Then the damage caused in the nerve is checked. Perimetry report is done which measures the peripheral vision of the patient. Netralaya eye hospital is the first in Gujarat to have this latest machine – Humphrey Perimetry Machine. This is the gold standard of perimeter which minimizes time and maximizes the information. We can catch glaucoma in early stages using this machine and save the vision.
Treatment of glaucoma at Netralaya:
Different drops and medicine with special operations/ surgeries are done.
Tips for glaucoma:
- – See the glaucoma doctor if you have any family history of glaucoma.
- – If glaucoma envelopes, then take it seriously and take medicines and treatment on time.
- – Take blood pressure medicines on time.
- – Always be in touch with your glaucoma doctor.
👉Book your eye check up today for #glaucomamanagement
+91-755 7555 755 | email@example.com | www.netralaya.in
Address – 101/102, K D House, Parimal Garden Cross Road, Ellis Bridge, Ahmedabad
VISITING TIME – 10am – 7 pm, Mon to Sat